mission vision value

clearly the page is about stuff I like  

and everybody else should like

yes, I'm that humble

Montag, 12. Juli 2010

M.I.A.

as her new and third album 'Maya'is out now, I remembered watching this video some time ago:



Despite all the talk about her credibility, suspicious radical chic, politics and popculture in general, i like her, her music and the unique visual universe she creates. I won't dive into the debates circling around the video to her song 'born free' though, simply because I still haven't made my mind up, whether I like it or not.
Finally, there's always been a little bit of politics in pop, the two spheres have been influencing each other quite some time now. And it can do no harm if the one or the other asks him/herself suddenly 'Where exactly is Sri Lanka anyway, what is going on there and what's a tamil tiger?'

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts with Thumbnails